- 06 Mar 2007 - Licence code generator changed
- 06 Sep 2006 - New download server
- 10 Jun 2005 - Documentation updated
- 10 Apr 2005 - the Linux Distribution is now available
- 04 Feb 2005 - All sources are now available in the CVS at Source Forge
- 30 Nov 2004 - Visual Eiffel 5.0 released - NOW AS OPEN SOURCE !
Eiffel has been designed in order to write safe, maintainable and efficient programs. Compared with languages like Java, C++ and C# Eiffel gives a whole new dimension to object oriented programming.
Visual Eiffel is the leading Eiffel System for Windows offering everything one can expect from a modern language development tool. It offers
- elaborated integrated workbench
- fast, incremental compilation
- direct creation of efficient 32 bit code for X86 processors
- easy integration with Java, C and COM components
- many libraries - also from third parties
Together with the integrated DisplayMachine Visual Eiffel is unbeatable as a rapid development tool for all types of GUI oriented Windows applications.
Visual Eiffel is available as
- professional version with full support
- free for personal, non commercial usage
- also for Linux (compiler only)
Read the documentation for libraries, for the Workbench and for the Visual Eiffel DisplayMachine